From October 11–November 10, 2016 we are holding a
Pet Food Drive
to benefit the Connecticut Humane Society’s Pet Food Pantry.
For the fifth year, iGRAFIX will be collecting dry and canned unopened and unexpired pet food for the Connecticut Humane Society’s Pet Food Pantry at drop-off locations in Collinsville / Canton, CT and Manchester, CT. Please click here for drop-off locations.
Many families are forced to release their pets because they are having a hard time feeding the human family members and can’t afford to take care of their four-legged companions. This is an extremely difficult choice to make and a very stressful situation for the family and the pet. Helping families and pets stay together during times of financial hardship is crucial not only for the family but also for the community.
The Connecticut Humane Society saw a need to help and established the Pet Food Pantry in November 2010. The pantry currently supplies food for hundreds of dogs and cats each month. Please help make life a little easier for our friends and neighbors in need. Your generosity will help families keep their pets at home and is truly appreciated!
We are looking for UNOPENED, UNEXPIRED donations of the following types of pet food to keep the pantry open and stocked:
- Adult dog food, canned and dry – common brands requested are: Iams, Purina, Pedigree, Beneful, Hill’s Science Diet, Kibbles & Bits, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, any natural/holistic brand, grain-free for dogs with special diet needs
- Adult cat food, canned and dry – common brands requested are: Friskies, Fancy Feast, Nine Lives, Iams, Purina, Hill’s Science Diet, Wellness, Blue Buffalo, any natural/holistic brand, grain-free for cats with special diet needs
- Dog treats
- Cat treats
30 lbs of food will feed one dog or three cats for one month. Last year, through the wonderful response from our supporters, we were able to deliver over 720 pounds of dog and cat food to the Pet Food Pantry (see pictures) and $150 in cash donations. Our goal for this year is to collect at least as much so that we can help as many pets as possible to stay in their home.
How to donate:
- Drop off items at iGRAFIX, 50 Depot Street (Axe Factory studio), Collinsville, CT 06019. Get Directions
- Drop off items at TGM Copiers, 717 Parker Street, Manchester, CT 06042.
- From October 11-27 ShopRite in Canton, 110 Albany Turnpike, also accepts donations on our behalf. Directions
Write a check or donate online. Please make checks payable to CT Humane Society and mail to:
iGRAFIX, 1245 Farmington Avenue, PMB 385
West Hartford, CT 06107
Click the yellow button to donate online (PayPal)
You can make a difference in the lives of people and their pets in your community!